Hardin County High School is located at the College View Campus in Elizabethtown. It services students from all three of the HCS high schools. Students may be referred by their high school or may request to attend. Each case is individually reviewed to determine if it is an appropriate educational setting for that student.
Hardin County High follows the state's minimum graduation requirements. Students must meet all of Kentucky's mandated courses for graduation.
The curriculum as well as instruction at HCHS is delivered through an on-line program (APEX). APEX is web based and classes are aligned to Common Core Standards. Grades are awarded on a performance base.
Quick facts about HCHS:
- 22 credits to graduate
- There is a formal graduation (just prior to other high schools at the end of the school year)
- Students attend until requirements are met
- Transportation is provided
- Options include possible electives taken at EC3 and ECTC vocational school
- Students receive a standard high school diploma upon completion
- Principal: Robert King
- Assistant Principal: Neal Gibbs
- Counselor: Eileen Townsend
- Office Manager: Danielle Dunaway
- Director of Alternative Programs: Wes Blair
College View Campus
521 Charlemagne Blvd
Elizabethtown, KY 42701