2024-25 Out of District Enrollment Applications
Click on the name of the school of which you'd like your child to attend in the 2024-25 school year. Here are some notes to remember regarding out of district applications.
- The application period is December 1, 2023 through March 30, 2024
- The decision regarding all applications is made by the school's principal. Applications are not approved or denied on a "first come, first served" basis. Submitting an application early DOES NOT mean that the students will be approved to attend the school.
- Principals will not accept out of district students if their acceptance exceeds capacity regulations (either total school capacity or capacity at your child's particular grade level). Principals must leave room for students who move to their school's district during the year. In-District students are always accepted. The number of openings for out of district students will be determined by the principal based on staffing and projected student enrollment.
- Applicants will not be notified of acceptance/denial until after March 30, 2024 closing date. No one will be notified until after March 30, 2024 but before April 19, 2024.
- Parents may apply to more than one school.
- Principals have the right to ask for attendance records & behavior records if the student is not a current HCS student and that information has not been provided. The request of this information is part of the application.
- Transportation to out of district schools is the parents responsibility.
- ATTENTION PARENTS OF HCS STUDENTS WHO ARE CURRENTLY ATTENDING OUT OF DISTRICT SCHOOLS:
- Students who are making a transition in the feeder pattern (students going from 5th to 6, students going from 8th to 9th, North Park Elementary School students who will leave Kindergarten and will transition to 1st Grade) MUST APPLY for the out-of-district in that particular feeder pattern. If parents want students to stay in feeder pattern, this must occur. There is not automatic acceptance just because a student has been accepted into their current school.
- Parents of current out of district students do not need to reapply unless a transitioning is occurring next school year.