The Hardin County Schools Child Nutrition department will provide an opportunity for any child 18 years old and under to have a free lunch on weekdays this summer. The HCS Summer Meals program is available at five mobile sites and three schools.
The program will run from June 5 to July 28, 2023 at the following locations:
- GC Burkhead Elementary School – 11 am to 1 pm
- John Hardin High School – 11 am to 1 pm
- North Hardin High School – 11 am to 1 pm
- Rineyville Dollar General Store, 4478 Rineyville Big Springs Road, 11 – 11:20 am*
- Ponderosa Manor Mobile Home Park, 319 Ponderosa Drive (behind Baptist Health Hardin), 11:40 am – Noon*
- Brentwood Estates, 369 W. Elm Road, Radcliff, 12:20 – 12:40 pm*
- The (former) West Point School, 209 N. 13th Street, West Point, 1 – 1:20 pm*
- Youngers Creek Baptist Church, 251 Youngers Creek Road, Elizabethtown, 11:45 am – 12:15 pm*
*summer meals mobile location
“The program certainly meets a need in the community,” HCS Child Nutrition Director Josey Crew said. “The district is reimbursed for all expenses by the federal government. We’re providing a service for many children who otherwise would not have access to a nutritious meal.”
The program is available to all children 18 and younger. The child does not have to be an HCS student. An adult lunch costs three dollars. No lunch will be provided on Independence Day (July 4, 2023). Menus are available by CLICKING HERE.