Online Scholarship Websites:
Check out the following websites for online scholarship possibilities:
For scholarship information, students and/or parents can sign up for Remind text messages from Mr. Adams as scholarships become available. Just text the message @srcollege to 81010 to sign up.
For letters of recommendation, you will need to fill out a Senior Fact Sheet or get an Academic Resume to Mr. Adams. You will need to get these in at least 2 weeks before the letter is needed.
1. For information on scholarships throughout Kentucky, KHEAA has this link: https://www.kheaa.com/pdf/pubs/ky/ahe/ahekyscholar.pdf
3. Applications for the Kentucky Federation of Republican Women scholarship can be found at KFRW . Applications are due to the organization by April 1, 2019.
12. The Elizabethtown Zonta Club offers the Amelia Earhart Scholarship to a female student in Hardin County Schools or Elizabethtown Independent Schools. This is chosen by an essay contest. Download the application from Zonta Club Scholarship and return by January 11, 2019.
13. The website FlavorfulFutures.com is offering the Sparkling Ice Flavorful Futures scholarships to graduating seniors. Scholarships are worth $5000 and applications can be done online at FlavorfulFutures. Applications are due by February 15, 2019.
14. The Fort Knox Spouses and Community Club offers a scholarship for graduating seniors who have family members who have served or are currently serving in the military. For scholarship requirements, download the application from FKSCC Scholarship and return the application by February 7, 2019.
15. The Army Engineer Spouses’ Club announces the Army Engineer Memorial Awards (AEMA) and the Geraldine K. Morris Award for 2019.
The AEMA is available to qualifying high school seniors who plan to continue their education at an accredited college, university, technical school, or vocational school.
The Geraldine K. Morris Award is available to a graduating high school senior who intends to enroll in a program leading to a nursing degree or certification.
Applications can be found at AEMA Scholarships .
Applicants may apply for both of the awards, if qualified, but can only be awarded one of the scholarships. Both awards are based on academic and extracurricular achievement during high school, along with a written essay. Awards must be applied toward tuition or scholastic expenses at a two-year or four-year college or university, technical school or vocational school. Applications must postmarked by February 28, 2019.
16. The Kentucky Transportation Cabinet offers two scholarship programs geared toward civil engineering. These scholarships provide money for college, paid summer employment while in school, and full-time employment after college graduation. This opportunity can’t be beat!! The application deadline is February 1, 2018. More details and the applications can be found at the links below.
The Civil Engineering Scholarship Program is for students interested in pursuing a bachelor’s degree in civil engineering at Western KY University, University of Louisville, or University of Kentucky. Students can also take classes at other Kentucky state colleges/universities, with approved programs, before transferring to WKU, UofL, or UK. Candidates must have an ACT composite score of 24 and maintain a GPA of 2.5 while in college. College Freshmen and Sophomores currently receive $6,200 a semester to apply towards tuition, books, etc. Juniors and Seniors receive $6,600 a semester. Students are expected to work for the Cabinet upon graduation for each year they received a stipend. This scholarship can be worth over $51,000! Visit https://transportation.ky.gov/Education/Pages/Civil-Engineering-Scholarship.aspx
The Civil Engineering Technology Program is for students interested in pursuing an associate’s degree in civil engineering technology at Big Sandy Community & Technical College in Prestonsburg and Blue Grass Community & Technical College in Lexington. There is opportunity at other community colleges as well (inquired for further information). Candidates must meet the entrance qualifications for the college and maintain a GPA of 2.5. Students receive $3,000 a semester, and are expected to work for the Cabinet upon graduation for each year they received a stipend. Visit https://transportation.ky.gov/Education/Pages/Civil-Engineering-Technology-Scholarship.aspx
17. The Woman's Club of Elizabethtown offers a $1000 scholarhship to be used at Elizabethtown Community and Technical College. Applications and requirements can be found at Woman's Club Scholarship. Applications are due by March 1, 2019.
18. The Central Kentucky Community Foundation offers its 2019 Scholarship Central site to apply for multiple local scholarships at one location. Visit the site and apply before the deadline of March 1, 2019.
19. The 2019 Fort Knox MOAA Scholarship program is now available. This program will award a total of seven scholarships this year to graduating seniors. Applications can be found at MOAA Scholarships. Applications must be postmarked by March 29, 2019.
20. The 2019 Daniel and Dely Bauer Family Scholarship is now available for graduating seniors from CHHS who are planning to attend the University of Louisville beginning in the fall of 2019. Applications can be found at Bauer Scholarship and are due by March 1, 2019.
21. The Kentucky Golf Coaches Association offers 4 scholarships to graduation senior golfers whose coaches are members of the association. Applications can be downloaded from KGCA Scholarship and are due by March 15, 2019.
22. The Cecilian Bank Scholarship is now available for the 2018 2019 school year. 17 scholarships worth $1000 each will be available from Cecilian Bank. Applications are due by April 12, 2019.
23. The Kentucky Association of Conservation Districts offers the George Crafton Memorial Scholarship, worth $1000, to a graduating senior who plans to major in Agriculture or Conservation of Natural Resources. Qualifying information and information can be found at KACD Scholarship. Applications are due by February 1, 2019.
24. The Addison Jo Blair Foundation offers a $1000 scholarship to a graduating Central Hardin senior each year. Applications include an essay about how you have overcome adversity. Applications can be found at AJB Scholarship, and are due by April 19, 2019.
25. The Kentucky 86 Fire and Rescue Department will offer the Ruseau Goodman/Louis Crosier Memorial Scholarship to a graduating senior in residing in the department's service area. Applications are available in the counseling office or at KY 86 Fire. Applications are due by April 15, 2019.
26. The Fort Knox Gold Vault Chapter of AFCEA will award one or more $2,000 Lift Off! Scholarships to local High School seniors planning to major in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline. Applications and recommendation forms are availble from AFCEA Applications and AFCEA Recommendations and will be accepted between March 1 and March 31, 2019.
27. The Hardin County Playhouse offers the Galen Lodgsdon Scholarship to a graduating senior in Hardin County who plans to major in Fine Arts in college. Complete application and information can be found at HCP Scholarship. Applications are due by April 1, 2019.
28. Shelter Insurance is offering a $2000 scholarship to a graduating CHHS senior this year. Applications are available at Shelter Insurance and are due by March 29, 2019.