Hardin County Schools is starting work on a strategic plan.
The district is calling for Hardin County citizens to be part of the process by attending one of several community “focus group” meetings.
“Strategic planning will engage our community and help our students and staff,” HCS Superintendent Teresa Morgan said. “It will assist us in defining some measureable outcomes and strategies for helping students learn and succeed.”
The district invites the public to attend one of the focus group meetings to share perspectives and provide information to guide the planning. An external facilitator from Studer Education will host the focus group meetings and will solicit honest and constructive feedback at each session. Each focus group will last approximately one hour.
“Attendees will be asked to share some areas of strength in the district as well as opportunities for improvement,” Morgan added. “They will also be asked to determine what they believe are some key skills that students should have mastered before graduation.”
Community focus group times, dates and locations are as follows:
- April 15th @ 7 pm – Central Hardin High School
- April 16th @ 7 pm – North Hardin High School
- April 22nd @ 7 pm – John Hardin High School
- April 24th @ 3:45 pm – Hardin County Board of Education
- April 24th @ 6:30 pm – Hardin County Board of Education
- April 24th @ 6:30 pm – Hardin County Schools Early College & Career Center
- April 25th @ 4 pm – Hardin County Schools Early College & Career Center
- April 25th @ 7 pm – Hardin County Schools Early College & Career Center
To assist the district in planning for these sessions, the district is asking prospective attendees to RSVP by CLICKING HERE and selecting one of the dates and times.